menu

The senior school curriculum is extremely broad, balanced and flexible, and often tailored to individual pupils’ needs.

ISI 2013

Pre-Med

Plymouth College has a long history of successfully preparing students for medical school, including many great pioneers from Sir Leonard Rogers founder of the Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine (1914), to leaders in modern medicine such as Professor Hugh Montgomery director of the UCL institute for Human Health and Performance.

Pre-Med Leaflet

In recent years Plymouth College has achieved a 100% success rate in securing offers for students applying to medical school. Plymouth College has decided to formalise this significant expertise into a Pre-Med sixth form course. This Pre-Med course will be supervised by practising health professionals to ensure the course prepares students for their medical school applications. Students follow the course alongside studying for their A levels.

Along with first class tuition in small classes, the students will also receive the following benefits:

• A bespoke Pre-Med academic and enrichment timetable
  • Seminars and debates with practising medical staff to ensure students are aware of the latest advances and thinking in medical practice
  • Seminars with doctors and dentists with an opportunity to ask questions and understand the career path ahead of them
  • Links with medical organisations, practitioners and alumni to find relevant work experience
  • A course in medical terminology
  • Preparation for BMAT and UKCAT
  • Comprehensive assistance with the application process, ensuring the courses candidates apply for are totally suitable
  • Interview preparation
  • An insight into different paths into medicine and dentistry, such as the Armed Forces
  • An opportunity for independent reading and research including the Extended Project Qualification (equivalent to an AS qualification)
  • Coaching on confident communication and interpersonal skills

This course may also be adapted for those students considering Veterinary & Dentistry degrees

ISI 2013
back to top
loader